dinsdag 29 september 2009

Study


















My daughter recently started Secondary School which proves to be rather a big shock to her system. To her study system that is. Or rather, it should be. But the past few days have shown she has NO study system.

Coming from a Freinet primary school the most they had to do in the evenings was write a text or finish a drawing.

Now she's got twelve different subjects and teachers piling on the work. I don't envy her at all. But then my memories of my time at middle school are rather different then hers.

I love studying. I love to take in new information. I love the feeling that my mind is expanding as I am learning something new.

As Albert Einstein said: "Never regard study as a duty, but, as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit, for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs."

Hard to take in when you're 12 :-)

Here's an absolute great book I highly recommend

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten