woensdag 18 augustus 2010

Appreciate

This beautiful text I received from Kavita.  I love to share it with you.



As I get older, I realize there are things in My life I didn't appreciate until it was too late.

I didn't appreciate the naps they used to make
Me take in kindergarten.
I long for the day when someone says, "You
Can't work anymore until you take a nap." I
Guarantee you, I won't argue.


I didn't appreciate those face-squishing hugs
My father used to give me.
Now that he's gone home to be with the God,
I long for just one more.
This time I would squish him right back.


I didn't appreciate the days I danced barefoot
In the rain with my mouth open wide trying to
Get a drink of raindrops.

I didn't appreciate mom letting us mess up the
Living room on a rainy day.

I thought building a tent with a secret tunnel
Is what everyone did on those days.

I didn't appreciate the marvels of planting a seed
And watching it sprout into a full-grown plant.

I didn't appreciate the struggles we had to go
Through as a family.

Because of yesterday's struggles, we have
Strength for today.


I didn't appreciate the times my sons came to
Me and asked those annoying, unanswerable questions.
"What makes a duck quack?" "Why is the sky blue?"
I had no idea they thought I was smart enough
To answer all their questions.

I didn't appreciate the good times our family had.

I didn't appreciate those primary School teachers
who went through so much
Trouble to collect toilet paper rolls so I could
Understand what a scroll was.

I didn't appreciate those clear nights when the
Stars danced with glee showing
Off their awesome Creator.


I didn't appreciate the times my children
fell Asleep in daddy's arms.
I didn't realize it was there they felt
Protected from all the elements of the world.


God, I have just one prayer for today.
Open my eyes that I may be able to see
And appreciate the things that you do each day.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten